eScience Labs: Microbiology Labs
The eScience Labs lab kit, created specifically for college-level Microbiology, includes models, specimens, safety equipment, and more. This kit, combined with Odigia’s Teaching and Learning Tools, is everything you need to engage, collaborate, track, and assess your students.
This course includes:
Digital Learning and Teaching Tools
Quality Lab Kits
The Benefits of eScience Labs + Odigia
Make It Yours
Customize the lab kit and assessments to fit the needs of your course and match your desired learning outcomes.
Kits are delivered directly to your students at the time and price you need, giving your students a successful lab experience wherever they are.
Go beyond the traditional with digital learning and teaching tools that help prepare students for success in today’s workplace.
Create an immersive, engaging, and affordable distance learning experience. Can connect to your LMS or run independently.
eScience Labs: Microbiology Labs
Lab Kits Available in Odigia:
Microbiology Lab Safety
- Experiment 1: Importance of Hand Hygiene
Introduction to the Microscope
- Experiment 1: Virtual Microscope
Culturing and Aseptic Technique
- Experiment 1: Agar Plate Preparation and Bacterial Inoculation
- Experiment 2: Bacterial Transfer to a Stab Tube and an Agar Plate
Structure and Microscopy
- Experiment 1: Staining
- Experiment 2: Negative Staining
- Experiment 3: Gram Staining
Growth of Microorganisms
- Experiment 1: Fluid Thioglycollate Medium to Assess the Effect of Oxygen on Bacterial Growth
- Experiment 2: Effect of Chemical Germicides on Bacterial Growth
Quantitation of Cultured Microorganisms
- Experiment 1: Direct Counts Following a Serial Dilution
Selective Media and Agar
- Experiment 1: Bioprospecting for Starch Degrading Bacteria
- Experiment 2: Selection and Differentiation of Body Inhabiting Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Experiment 3: Selection and Differentiation of Body Inhabiting Gram-Negative Bacteria from Liquid Samples
Differential and Biochemical Tests
- Experiment 1: Oxidase Assay for Respiration
- Experiment 2: Catalase Assay
- Experiment 3: Antibiotic Sensitivity
Eukaryotic Microbes, Parasitology, and Viruses
- Experiment 1: Mold Growth on Bread and Fruit – What are the Optimal Conditions for Fungal Growth?
- Experiment 2: Microscopic Observation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Experiment 1: Assessing the Bacterial Load of Milk with Methylene Blue
- Experiment 2: Yogurt Preparation
Environmental Microbiology and Water Quality
- Experiment 1: Bacterial Isolation from Soil Samples
- Experiment 2: Characterizing Bacteria Isolated from Soil
- Experiment 3: Winogradsky Column
Microbial Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Experiment 1: DNA Extraction
- Experiment 2: Cloning a DNA Fragment to a Bacterially-Derived Plasmid Vector
These labs have been combined with our comprehensive Microbiology content to create a complete digital learning experience for your students.
Science Interactive Group provides comprehensive, standard-aligned content and educational products, services, and software. Our vast assortment of innovative STEM-oriented products is designed to provide instructors with interactive, real-world applications that engage students and enhance outcomes.
Odigia provides digital learning and teaching tools that enhance the way students and instructors access, modify, and engage with content, collaborate with each other during the course, track progress and understanding of content, and ultimately apply knowledge.
Interested in learning more about eScience Labs + Odigia?