The comprehensive contents from this book, combined with Odigia’s Teaching and Learning Tools have everything you need to engage, collaborate, track and assess your students.
Helping Teachers Do What They Do Best: Teach
Use our courses as is or easily customize them to fit your teaching style and the needs of your students. You can add your favorite resources, hide and show our existing content and pre-built assessments, or make them your own. Everything your students need, in one place!
Engage and Collaborate
Odigia combines learning materials, discussions, and tools to create a familiar social experience for students allowing you to easily connect and redirect students attention.
See how much time students are spending on different areas of the course, which areas are creating the most amount of engagement and identify topics the students are struggling with. Flag and provide feedback on assignments to proactively meet individual students' needs.
Game theory allows students to monitor their progress visually and motivates them to stay on track. Students can see exactly what activities they need to complete, which ones have been flagged and compare their progress against the overall class.
Environmental Science Course Outline
How does the flow of energy affect our environment??
- What are the different forms of Energy?
- What are the sources of the energy on Earth?
- How is energy conserved?
What role does the Cycle of Matter play in our environment?
- What is the Water Cycle?
- What is the Carbon Cycle?
- What are the Nitrogen and the Phosphorous Cycles?
What is occurring within our Solid Earth?
- How did Earth form?
- What has been the effect of Plate Tectonics?
- What are the different Geological Disturbances?
What is the atmosphere made of?
- What is the structure of the atmosphere?
- How do wind and weather affect our atmosphere?
- What role to ocean currents and climate play in the atmosphere?
What region of Earth to all living things reside?
- What types of organisms reside on Earth?
- What are populations and communities defined as?
- Why is an ecosystem important?
- How is the biosphere divided?
- What is the Evolution of Life?
What has been the effect on Earth due to the changing human population?
- Why does population growth affect the Earth?
- How to patterns of Resource Use affect the environment?
- How has technology affected the standard of living?
- How do economics and cultural factors affect the human population?
What roles do water, minerals, and soils play in Earth's Environment?
- What are the agricultural uses of water?
- Who controls the water resource?
- What are the water Diversion Projects?
- Where are minerals found?
- How are Earth’s minerals utilized?
- What are the characteristics of soil?
- What is soil degradation?
- How can soil be conserved?
How can biological resources be managed?
- What are Natural Areas?
- How can genetic diversity and food resources be managed?
- How can the cycling of matter on Earth help biological resources?
What are the non-renewable and renewable Energy Sources on Earth?
- What are some non-renewable energy sources?
- What are some renewable energy sources?
How have humans used land?
- What can land be used for?
What effects do pollutants have on the biosphere?
- What are some air, water, and soil pollutants?
- How do different categories of pollution effect the environment?
How does solid waste affect the environment?
- How should different types of solid waste be disposed of?
What impact do poor environmental conditions have on human health?
- What agents affect our living conditions?
How do earth's systems interact?
- How do humans affect natural cycles?
How have humans changed the global environment?
- How do human-produced environmental changes affect each other?
How have humans managed their environment and its resources?
- How does economics play a roll in human survival?
What makes other countries different?
- What category do other countries fall in?
How do ethics play a role in the environment?
- What type of environmental ethics are there?
- How can the ethic we choose affect our environment?
How is the environment protected?
- What effects can environmental laws and regulations have on the environment?
How can issues and opinions affect our environment?
- How have humans tried to restore the environment?
- What can be done to improve the damage done to the environment?
Combine this content with our customizable, at-home Environmental Science Lab kits from eScience Labs, to create a complete digital learning experience for your students.
Environmental Science is designed to acquaint students with the physical, ecological, social, and political principles of environmental science. Scientific method is used to analyze and understand the interrelationships between humans and the natural environment. This text shows how ecological realities and the material desire of humans often clash, leading to environmental degradation and pollution.
About the authors:
Senior Contributing Authors
University of California College Prep