Carolina Distance Learning: Allied Health Labs
The Carolina Distance Learning® lab kit, created specifically for college-level Allied Health, includes models, specimens, apparatus, safety equipment, and more. This kit, combined with Odigia’s Teaching and Learning Tools, is everything you need to engage, collaborate, track and assess your students.
Starting at $58.50 per student.
This course includes:
Digital Learning and Teaching Tools
Effective Hands-On Lab Kits
The Benefits of Carolina Distance Learning + Odigia
Make It Yours
Customize the lab kit and assessments to fit the needs of your course and match your desired learning outcomes.
No Hassle Delivery
Kits are delivered directly to your students, at the time and price you need, giving your students a successful lab experience wherever they are.
Go beyond the traditional with digital learning and teaching tools that help prepare students for success in today’s workplace.
Create an immersive, engaging, and affordable distance learning experience. Can connect to your LMS or run independently.
Carolina Distance Learning: Allied Health Labs
Lab Kits Available in Odigia:
Blood and Blood Vessels, Hematocrit - $12.00
- Understand normal hematocrit values
- Recognize anemia through the gravity sedimentation rate
- Evaluate blood clotting procedures
Cardiovascular Physiology - $22.00
- Identify the different elements of the cardiac cycle
- Recognize the electronic signatures of a cardiac cycle and the common variances within a cardiac cycle
- Measure an apical and radial pulse
Respiratory Physiology - $27.00
- Explain the mechanisms of inhalation and exhalation
- Determine the lung volume
- Define hypo- and hyperventilation
- Describe the effect of physiological stressors on respiration
Urinary System Physiology - $27.00
- Explain water filtration
- Determine normal composition of urine
- Define kidney function
- Describe the pathway of urine production
Endocrine Physiology Dry Lab - $2.00
- Identify the location of the main components of the endocrine system
- Recognize the hormones produced and their function
- Determine the effect of the hormones on the body’s metabolism
Mammalian Brain Disection - $16.00
- Identify the major regions of the brain and associate them with their basic functions
- Identify surface features of each region of the brain
- Apply anatomical terminology while performing a midsagittal dissection of an adult mammalian brain
- Identify the major internal features of the cerebrum, diencephalon, midbrain, brainstem, and cerebellum
pH and Homeostasis - $17.00
- Measure the pH of common household items
- Determine the effectiveness of a phosphate buffer in maintaining the pH balance of a solution
- Describe the effects of respiration on the body’s pH
Special Senses - $22.00
- Explain the mechanisms of the senses of taste, smell, vision, hearing, and equilibrium
- Test different regions of the tongue for varying taste sensitivities
- Define and demonstrate olfactory fatigue
- Describe the direct and consensual pupillary light reflexes
- Detect the blind spot of each eye and account for its significance
- Conduct and explain tests for visual acuity and astigmatism
- Conduct and explain tests for bone conduction of sound
- Conduct and explain tests for equilibrium
Blood Typing with Eldon Cards - $7.00
- Determine your blood type using an Eldon card with three test fields and one control field
- Describe the factors determining ABO and Rh blood types and their inheritance
- Describe the importance of determining blood groups, and identify compatible blood types for transfusion
- Predict agglutination reactions when incompatible whole blood encounters antibodies from blood serum
Introduction to Graphing Dry Lab - $0.00
- Create graphs from data sets, both by hand and electronically
- Analyze the data in the graphs
- Compare the slope of trendlines to interpret the results of an experiment
I needed a customized lab kit that would flow seamlessly with the course content and the investigations needed to be easy for students to follow and complete.Dr. Kelley Flaherty
Students have told me how much they enjoy doing the labs and how the labs help them learn the material and do well in the class.Dr. Jennifer McCall
Carolina Distance Learning® develops and manufactures lab kits that are designed specifically for college-level distance education. These kits provide the same rigor, relevance, and results as traditional labs, giving your online students a successful lab experience wherever you are.
Odigia provides digital learning and teaching tools that enhance the way students and instructors access, modify, and engage with content, collaborate with each other during the course, track progress and understanding of content, and ultimately apply knowledge.
Interested in learning more about Carolina Distance Learning + Odigia?